Across all industry sectors, employees working in the Kankakee County area have a number of options with regard to continuing education and skills development.
Olivet Nazarene University’s School of Graduate and Continuing Studies offers nearly 20 master's degrees in such fields as business, counseling, education, nursing, ministry, teaching and educational administration, as well as nontraditional adult degree completion programs and a Doctor of Education degree in Ethical Leadership.
The Office of Corporate & Continuing Education at Kankakee Community College is the provider of continuing education units (CEUs) for the following professionals as certified by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations:
- Athletic trainers
- Funeral directors and embalmers
- Nursing home administrators
- Occupational and physical therapists
- Professional and clinical counselors
- Respiratory care technicians
- Social workers
Continuing education units also are certified on an individual workshop basis by:
- ISBE CEUs and CPDUs for IL school teachers
- Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety - radiography, nuclear medicine, radiation therapy
- Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association, Inc. (IAODAPCA) - drug abuse counseling.
KCC’s Continuing Education & Career Services also offers instruction in the following areas:
- Industrial Safety
- Business Development
- Microsoft Office
- Illinois Civics Academy for Teachers
- Leadership & Management
- Highway Construction
KCC’s Manufacturing & Industrial Technology Center imparts the fabrication, machine tool, welding and millwright skills required by our area's advanced manufacturers. Input from local industries, like Nucor, CSL Behring, Shoup Manufacturing and Armstrong World Industries ensures that our programs will provide well-trained employees.