The Economic Alliance of Kankakee County annually reports the full-time employee count of the area’s 60+ Top Employers. The employee numbers tracked in 2016 represented 15,641 jobs, which is approximately 30 percent of the county’s total employment and a 200-job increase from 2015.
Some industry sector trends:
- Strong bioscience sector growth, led by CSL Behring
- Strong food processing sector growth, led by Van Drunen Farms, FutureCeuticals and Del Monte
- Strong health care sector growth, led by Riverside Healthcare
- Education sector growth
- Fewer jobs in the logistics sector due to automation
- Steadiness in the metals sector, which saw the addition ABC Coating at Manteno’s Diversatech Business Park in 2016
Click for the 2018 Kankakee County Top Employer Report and the 2018 Kankakee County Market Profile.
The 2016-17 Technology Edition of THRIVE magazine has been released by the Daily Journal, in partnership with the Economic Alliance of Kankakee County. "The intent of this publication," explains Alliance Director of Marketing & Business Attraction Lisa Wogan, "is to showcase tech advances large and small across our community - from our vibrant manufacturing, biotech, agriculture and health care industries to the growing and rich STEM education programming in our area schools."
Access the e-edition Here: 2016-2017 Technology Edition of Thrive Magazine