High School to College: Kankakee County Scholarships
- Kankakee County 4-H/Youth Foundation Scholarship - $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to participants who have participated in the 4-H and youth programs of Kankakee County.
- Erica Paulissen Remembered Through Scholarship - The Community Foundation of Kankakee River Valley is honored to announce the Erica Lynn Paulissen Scholarship Fund. The Fund provides two scholarships of $500 each, awarded to graduating seniors from high schools in Kankakee and Iroquois Counties.
- KCCSI Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Scholarship - Applicants must be low income (must be at or below 125% poverty) and demonstrate a commitment to civic or community service.
- Peoples Bank Scholar Program - This scholarship is awarded to area high school graduates attending Kankakee Community College, Olivet Nazarene University, or Notre Dame University in the fall of 2017. Interested students may apply in their senior year by completing a standard college application for admission. At the time of admission, students should express their interest in the Peoples Scholar Program or contact Peoples Bank at 815-936-7600 for more information.
- NAACP Education Scholarship Fund - One, $500 scholarship is awarded to a high school student based on active membership in the NAACP and a 2.5 GPA or higher. For more information, contact Carol Franke at: firstname.lastname@example.org or the NAACP office at 815-932-0858.
- Kankakee Community College Foundation Scholarships - Kankakee Community College currently offers 160 scholarship opportunities to their current and future students. Follow this link to learn more specific information regarding each individual scholarship.
- Kankakee Area CAP Scholarship - $500 scholarship for students pursuing a career in science, math, nursing/health care and other technologies.
- Kankakee County Farm Bureau Foundation - $1,000 scholarship for high school seniors who are residents of Kankakee County, Illinois, or a Kankakee County Farm Bureau member family and accepted at an accredited post-secondary school to study in an agriculture related field.
- Manteno Youth Soccer Scholarship – (2) $500 scholarships awarded to applicants regarding their academic standing, character, volunteer service and school and community involvement.
High School to College: Area-Specific Scholarships
- Diane Covert Memorial Scholarship (Manteno) – Manteno Women’s Club Scholarship for (2) $1,000 awards each.
- Colonel Henry Crown Scholarship Fund 2019-2020 (Momence) - $60,000 scholarship, $15,000 per year for 4 years. All seniors who had taken Consumer Ed with Mrs. McGrath are eligible to apply. If you apply, submit the "JA Volunteer or Classroom Teacher Rating Scale" to Mrs. McGrath by April 27. Also, submit the "High School Rating Scale" to Mr. Girdwain by April 27. You must submit your application by the deadline, April 30, 2020. You can email your application to Valerie Garcia at VGarcia@JAChicago.org.
- JA High School Heroes Scholarship (Momence) - $1,000 scholarship. Essay contest for seniors who had participated in a High School Heroes Event. Deadline, April 24, 2020.
You can email your completed application to Valerie Garcia at VGarcia@JAChicago.org
- Samuel R. Myers Foundation Scholarships (Manteno) – (2) $500 scholarships in recognition of an outstanding Manteno H.S. student-athlete and for a Manteno H.S. student who has modeled exemplary civic responsibility.
- Manteno Chamber of Commerce (Manteno) – $1,000 scholarships available to two male and female high school graduates of Manteno High School.
- The Kankakee Kiwanis Club Scholarship (Kankakee) – Eight $1,000 scholarships for Kankakee students who have demonstrated a commitment to school and community service.
- Amos & Edith Wallace Scholarship (Kankakee) – (3) $1,000 scholarships to three female African American students graduating from Kankakee High School.
Other: Kankakee County Scholarships
- Women in Networking - The WIN Scholarship is a $1000 award offered annually to a woman in Kankakee County who is improving skills for the workplace, completing a degree, retraining and/or going back to school after whatever life events precluded higher education earlier in her life. It will be paid directly to the KCC, ONU, GSU or whatever Illinois college/university she attends and may be used for tuition, books or other school related expenses.
- Workforce Services (KCC) - If you are unemployed or underemployed you could be eligible for up to $10,000 in career training through this workforce service grant.
- The Community Arts Council of Kankakee County - James F. Carlson Fine Arts Scholarship provides at least one $250 Scholarship for deserving Kankakee County Area students to attend a summer arts camp in the field of dance, music, drama, visual art, creative writing or other fine arts disciplines.
High School to College: Illinois-Specific Scholarships
- Illinois Masonic Scholarship – Multiple scholarship opportunities with $500 awards each.
- BLM Squared Scholarship Foundation - $1,000 scholarships awarded to minority students who are permanent Illinois residents.
- Kids Chance Scholarship - This is for high school seniors & college students (ages 16-25) who has a parent who was seriously injured or killed on the job.
- Chicago Roofing Contractors Association (CRCA) Scholarship – Two $4,000 renewable scholarships for seniors entering into the following programs: liberal arts and science, engineering, architecture or business.
- Jr. Achievement Scholarships- Junior Achievement of Chicago awards multiple scholarships to deserving high school students. Please note, all applicants are required to have participated in Junior Achievement of Chicago programs.
High School to College: National Scholarships
- Exelon Science Scholarship - One $1,000 scholarship is given to one high school student, high schools rotate, majoring in the sciences. Application and more information for this scholarship can only be found by contacting Peggy Warnick at email@example.com.
- National Technical Honor Society - Jon H. Poteat Scholarship is reserved exclusively for current NTHS members who have not yet graduated. In 2019, NTHS will award 5, $2,000 JHP Scholarships to eligible members. The application deadline is March 1, 2019.
- ZipRecruiter - ZipRecruiter is offering a $3,000 scholarship to the winning college student with the most creative entry in their Summer/Fall 2018 Scholarship Promotion. Fall winners will be announced January 31, 2019 and winter winners on November 11, 2019.
- Art of Problem Solving – Math Scholarships for grade school age students through college
- SAE International – SAE International engineering and technical scholarships for high school seniors
- NACME Minority STEM - NACME is responsible for more than $4 million in scholarships awarded annually to underrepresented minority (URM) students, with more than $1.6 million awarded in NACME’s funded scholarships and $2.4 million more through our partner institutions’ in-kind support. In 2016, NACME expects to support approximately 1,300 underrepresented minority engineering students.
- Young Women in Public Affairs Scholarship – Zonta International Foundation awards $500 scholarships to young women between the ages of 16-19 with the goal to recognize a young woman’s commitment to the volunteer sector, evidence of volunteer leadership achievements and a dedication to the advancement of the status of women.
Current College Students - Local/National Scholarships
- ISEP - Study Abroad for STEM students in college
Grants: Local & National
- Community Foundation of Kankakee River Valley – The Community Foundation of Kankakee River Valley is a vehicle for charitable giving that builds over time, substantial endowment funds for the community.
- United Way of Kankakee & Iroquois Counties- If your agency is interested in applying for United Way grant funding, please email info @ myunitedway.org or call 815-932-7476.
- NEA Foundation - PreK-12th Grade grants available on the NEA Foundation's website.