The Economic Alliance of Kankakee County annually reports the full-time employee count of the area’s 60+ Top Employers. The employee numbers tracked in 2016 represented 15,641 jobs, which is approximately 30 percent of the county’s total employment and a 200-job increase from 2015.
Some industry sector trends:
- Strong bioscience sector growth, led by CSL Behring
- Strong food processing sector growth, led by Van Drunen Farms, FutureCeuticals and Del Monte
- Strong health care sector growth, led by Riverside Healthcare
- Education sector growth
- Fewer jobs in the logistics sector due to automation
- Steadiness in the metals sector, which saw the addition ABC Coating at Manteno’s Diversatech Business Park in 2016
The 2018-19 Technology Edition of THRIVE magazine has been released by the Daily Journal, in partnership with the Economic Alliance of Kankakee County.This publication seeks to highlight the growth this area has seen in recent years, including being named #1 Metro for year over year job growth by Area Development in 2018. The task now lies ahead in working together between government and business to create a hospitable community focused on quality of life for residents as well as sustainable growth for current and future industries.
Access the e-edition Here: 2018-2019 Momentum Edition of Thrive Magazine