The Economic Alliance of Kankakee County annually reports the full-time employee count of the area’s 60+ Top Employers. The employee numbers tracked in 2016 represented 15,641 jobs, which is approximately 30 percent of the county’s total employment and a 200-job increase from 2015.
Some industry sector trends:
- Strong bioscience sector growth, led by CSL Behring
- Strong food processing sector growth, led by Van Drunen Farms, FutureCeuticals and Del Monte
- Strong health care sector growth, led by Riverside Healthcare
- Education sector growth
- Fewer jobs in the logistics sector due to automation
- Steadiness in the metals sector, which saw the addition ABC Coating at Manteno’s Diversatech Business Park in 2016